The Peel Ocean Gateway Economic Impact Assessment release earlier this month gives an insight to some of the major achievements of this development and regeneration strategy:
1. Capital investment – £2,075 million of capital investment – of which Peel has contributed over £955 million (current or nominal prices);
2. Temporary employment effects – some 12,980 person years (1,300 10-year equivalent) of gross and 15,750 person years (1,575 10-year equivalent) of net additional construction and other temporary employment;
3. Permanent employment – an estimated 11,280 FTE permanent gross and 8,650 FTE permanent net additional jobs within the Ocean Gateway area;
4. Gross Value Added – by 2013 the projects were generating an estimated net additional annual GVA of £466 million. Between 2008 and 2013 cumulative (ten year) net additional GVA of £1,179 million (constant prices) will be generated by these projects; and
5. New homes – the construction of some 1,300 gross housing units.
The full report can be seen here: